Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act and Related Topics
Resources may link to web sites or Acrobat files. Links open in a new window.
Regulatory Information and Agencies
The following resources are provided to assist in your research and continuing professional education. They are not endorsed, certified, or approved by the FFIEC or its member agencies. If you have specific questions please contact your regulatory agency directly.
- American Bankers Association — ABA's Check 21 Resource Center
- America’s Community Bankers — ACB's Check 21 Page
- BAI — BAI's Check 21 Resource Center
- Independent Community Bankers of America — ICBA's Check 21 Resource Page
- Accredited Standards Committee X9 — ASC X9’s mission is to develop, establish, maintain, and promote standards for the Financial Services Industry in order to facilitate delivery of financial services and products.
- ECCHO ( The Electronic Check Clearing House Organization )— ECCHO is a not-for-profit national clearinghouse that is owned by its member banks. Formed in 1990, its primary objective is the development and promotion of electronic check presentment (ECP).
- NACHA (The Electronic Payments Association) — NACHA develops operating rules and business practices for the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network and for other electronic payment systems.